If you or someone you care about has a gambling problem.
If you are concerned about your gambling, or the gambling of someone you care about, four questions can aid in identifying gambling problems:
- Have you ever failed to pay bills or repay debts because of gambling?
- Have people criticized your betting or told you that you had a gambling problem?
- Have you ever been untruthful about the extent of your gambling or hidden it from others?
- Have you ever tried to stop or cut back on how much or how often you gamble?
Answering "YES" to one or more of these questions is cause for concern. Help is available:
Call the Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-888-789-7777
Toll-Free, Confidential, 24/7;
Text CTGAMB to 53342; or,
The Problem Gambling Helpline provides free, immediate, culturally and linguistically relevant support and referral assistance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to problem gamblers, family members and others who have been adversely affected by problem gambling. An alternative to calling the Helpline is the free online chat, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Problem Gambling Helpline serves these main functions for the gambler and/or family member who calls.
To refer or provide information to problem gamblers and concerned significant others to appropriate resources that include:
- Problem Gambling Services/Bettor Choice treatment programs in the geographical area of the caller.
- Gamblers Anonymous and Gam-Anon meetings or other self-help groups.
- Literature about problem gambling.
- Other State Helplines or Affiliate Councils of the National Council on Problem Gambling.
- Other relevant community resources as deemed appropriate for meeting the caller’s needs.
For more information about the phone helpline, click here.
Text and Online Chat
- Text CTGAMB to 53342; or,
- CCPG.ORG/CHAT: Chat is open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Chat specialists have expertise in problem gambling.
- Chat provides emotional support and referrals for problem gamblers and others impacted by the gambler’s behavior.
- Chats are confidential and can be anonymous.
- Links chat visitors to local treatment service.
- When chat is not available, call the CT Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-888-789-7777.
For more information about the online chat, click here.