We want you to make sensible choices about how and when you play the lottery. Our GameSense program is designed to help you enjoy the lottery responsibly – with your "GameSense." Please share your GameSense with friends and family.
Use your GameSense. It just makes sense.
GameSense is an innovative and comprehensive responsible
gambling strategy that uses a fun and positive approach to give you
factual information needed to play responsibly, make informed choices
and connect with resources should you need help.
GameSense tips to keep gambling fun.
- Play for fun, not to make money. If you gamble, the
result is never certain and not winning is always a possibility. Consider
gambling as a form of entertainment, like going out for dinner or seeing
a movie, not as a source of income.
- Set a budget and stick to it. Keeping it fun means
playing within your means. When you set and stick to a budget, you spend
only what you can afford to spend.
- Know how the game works and what the odds are before playing. The more you know about the games, the better equipped you are to make informed decisions before and while you play.
- Know when to stop. Not winning is the cost of entertainment. Wondering if you can win back money by playing more?
It’s possible, but unlikely. Stop gambling when you have spent your limit. Don't try to win more to recover what you have spent.
- Balance gambling with other types of leisure activities. Finding other types of entertainment to enjoy will help make sure that gambling
doesn’t become your main activity or too big a part of your life.
- Take frequent breaks. Every once in a while, it’s a good
idea to walk away from the game you’re playing. Taking a break can help
you make smarter decisions, so gambling stays what it should be – a fun
- Set a time limit before you play. When you make a plan
for how much time you can afford to spend gambling (and stick to it),
you are more likely to stay within your set budget and not miss out on
the other things you need to do.
Click below to view the GameSense messaging
When gambling isn't fun anymore. Help is available – all day every day.
Call the toll-free, 24/7 PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE at
PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY. Purchasers must be 18 or older.
The CLC makes no representation or guarantee as to the accuracy of the information contained on this website.
By using this website, you agree to the terms contained
in our Terms and Conditions
. The information and
materials in this website are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either, express
In the event of a discrepancy between information on the website regarding winning numbers,
jackpots or prize payouts and the CLC’s enabling statutes, official rules,
regulations and procedures
the enabling statutes, official rules, regulations and procedures shall prevail. All materials on this
Website are owned by or licensed to the CLC.
Written permission required from the CLC in order to
reproduce, distribute or display any images or content on this Website.
Copyright © 1999-2017. Connecticut Lottery Corporation. All rights reserved.