HOW TO PLAY LOTTO
|Lotto is "Connecticut's Game of Choice," featuring a jackpot that starts at $1 million, and grows until it is won. Besides the jackpot, there are three other ways to win prizes! Drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday at 10:38pm on Fox CT - Channel 61 and WCCT-TV - Channel 20.
NOTE: The Classic Lotto game name changed to Lotto on March 10, 2013.
How to Play
- Fill in a Lotto play slip by choosing 6 different numbers between 1 and 44. Tickets cost $1 per wager. (See Prize Payout Table below.)
- If you cannot decide which numbers to play, let the computer pick them for you. Just ask for a Lotto Quick Pick.
- Each Lotto play slip contains 5 separate $1 wagers. Play all 5 wagers for $5!
- Buy tickets for future drawings with the "Advance Action" option, available for up to 26 drawings. Get 26 Advance Action plays for the price of 25!
- The jackpot can be paid as either a 21 payment annuity or a one-time cash lump sum.
REPLAY YOUR TICKET
The FAST and EASY way to play your numbers again!
- Hand the lottery retailer your existing draw game ticket and JUST SAY, "REPLAY."
- You will get a new ticket, for the same game with the same numbers and wager amount.
- Your new ticket will have the REPLAY "R" printed on it.
Available ONLY on Powerball, Mega Millions, Lotto, Cash5, Lucky for Life, Play3, Play4 as well as Advance Action and Multi-Draw Tickets.
- REPLAY is NOT available on Super Draw or Advance Day tickets.
PRIZE PAYOUT TABLE
|6 Winning Numbers
||1 in 7,059,052|
|5 Winning Numbers
||1 in 30,961|
|4 Winning Numbers
||1 in 669|
|3 Winning Numbers
||1 in 42|
|* Prize amounts are based on the expected number of winners sharing the prize pool. In some cases, these prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will differ from those shown. See Official Game Rules. Purchasers must be 18 or older. |
Overall odds 1 in 39.3. Jackpot odds 1 in 7,059,052.
CLAIM YOUR PRIZE
- Place your name on the back of your ticket immediately to establish ownership.
- Prizes up to $599 can be claimed at any CT Lottery retailer. Click here to find a retailer in your area.
- Prizes up to $5,000 can be claimed at any CT Lottery High-Tier Claim Center.
- Prizes greater than $5,000 must be claimed at CT Lottery Headquarters.
- Prizes of $50,000 or more must be claimed in person at CT Lottery Headquarters.
- Tickets expire 180 calendar days from the drawing date. All prizes must be claimed within 180 calendar days of drawing date.
CHOOSE YOUR JACKPOT PAYOUT
- When you win a Lotto jackpot, you have 60 days from the time you present your claim at CT Lottery Headquarters to decide whether you want your prize as an "Annuity" or "Cash Lump Sum" payout.
- Select the "Annuity" option, and receive your jackpot prize in 21 equal annual payments. Pick the "Cash Lump Sum" payout, and you will receive your prize in a one-time payment. If you do not make a choice, you will automatically receive the "Annuity" payout option.
- The annuitized jackpot prize is pari-mutuel. If you are the only winner, you will receive the entire first prize pool. If you are one of several winners you will receive one share of the first prize pool.
HOW LATE CAN I BUY A TICKET?
Lotto ticket sales close at 11:00pm on non-drawing days. On drawing days, sales close at 10:20pm; drawing is held at 10:38pm.
CAN I BUY LOTTO TICKETS ONLINE OR BY MAIL?
No. Federal legislation prohibits lotteries from selling tickets by mail or on the Internet. Click here
to learn how to protect yourself from scams.
- Verify your ticket at time of purchase.
- Sign your ticket immediately upon purchase to establish ownership.
- Lotto tickets cannot be canceled and all sales are final.
CT Lottery reserves the right to cancel or suspend any drawing or game,
prize structure or frequency of drawings in accordance with established
$1,000 DAILY BONUS DRAWINGS (April 14, 2013 - May 11, 2013)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- From Sunday, April 14 through Saturday, May 11, 2013, purchase 3 boards or more on a single Lotto ticket at any retailer – this is your "Qualifying Purchase Ticket."
- Each "Qualifying Purchase Ticket" generates a FREE "Bonus Entry Ticket" with its own unique bonus number.
- If your "Bonus Entry Ticket" number is an exact match to the number drawn (selected by a Random Number Generator) – YOU WILL WIN $1,000!
- 28 numbers will be drawn during the promotion.
- Advance Action and other combinations are ineligible.
WINNING NUMBERS FOR THE $1,000 DAILY BONUS DRAWINGS WILL BE:
PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY. Overall Lotto odds 1 in 39.3. Jackpot odds 1 in 7,059,052. $1,000 Daily Bonus Drawings odds change based on ticket sales. Promotion subject to change. Purchasers must be 18 or older. See Official Rules for $1,000 Daily Bonus Promotion
TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE:
"Bonus Entry Ticket" prizes must be claimed first. Bonus Entry Ticket prizes require the "Qualifying Purchase Ticket" also to be presented. Both the "Qualifying Purchase Ticket" and the "Bonus Entry Ticket" must be presented at the same time at CT Lottery Headquarters
located at 777 Brook St., Rocky Hill, CT.