HOW TO PLAY LOTTO
|Lotto is "Connecticut's Game of Choice," featuring a jackpot that starts at $1 million, and grows until it is won. Besides the jackpot, there are three other ways to win prizes! Drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday at 10:38pm on WCCT-TV. To view Lotto drawings after they have aired, please CLICK HERE.
NOTE: The Classic Lotto game name changed to Lotto on March 10, 2013.
How to Play
- Fill in a Lotto play slip by choosing 6 different numbers between 1 and 44. Tickets cost $1 per wager. (See Prize Payout Table below.)
- If you cannot decide which numbers to play, let the computer pick them for you. Just ask for a Lotto Quick Pick.
- Each Lotto play slip contains 5 separate $1 wagers. Play all 5 wagers for $5!
- Buy tickets for future drawings with the "Advance Action" option, available for up to 26 drawings. Get 26 Advance Action plays for the price of 25!
- The jackpot can be paid as either a 21 payment annuity or a one-time cash lump sum.
REPLAY YOUR TICKET
The FAST and EASY way to play your numbers
the lottery retailer your existing draw game ticket and
JUST SAY, "REPLAY."
will get a new ticket, for the same game with the same numbers and
new ticket will have the REPLAY
"R" printed on
Available ONLY on Powerball®, Mega
Millions®, Lotto, Cash5, Lucky for Life®, Lucky Links, Play3, Play4
as well as Advance Action and Multi-Draw Tickets.
- REPLAY is NOT available on 5 Card Cash or Advance
PRIZE PAYOUT TABLE
|6 Winning Numbers
||1 in 7,059,052|
|5 Winning Numbers
||1 in 30,961|
|4 Winning Numbers
||1 in 669|
|3 Winning Numbers
||1 in 42|
|* Prize amounts are based on the expected number of winners sharing the prize pool. In some cases, these prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will differ from those shown. See Official Game Rules. Purchasers must be 18 or older. |
Overall odds 1 in 39.3. Jackpot odds 1 in 7,059,052.
CLAIM YOUR PRIZE
- Place your name on the back of your ticket immediately to establish ownership.
- Pair of 5s winning 5 Card Cash tickets cannot be redeemed by mail.
- Prizes up to $599 can be claimed at any CT Lottery retailer. Click here to find a retailer.
- Prizes up to $5,000 can be claimed at any CT Lottery High-Tier Claim Center.
- Prizes greater than $5,000 must be claimed at CT Lottery Headquarters.
- Prizes of $50,000 or more must be claimed in person at CT Lottery Headquarters.
- Tickets expire 180 calendar days from the drawing date stated on the ticket. All prizes must be claimed within 180 calendar days of drawing date.
CHOOSE YOUR JACKPOT PAYOUT
- When you win a Lotto jackpot, you have 60 days from the time you present your claim at CT Lottery Headquarters to decide whether you want your prize as an "Annuity" or "Cash Lump Sum" payout.
- Select the "Annuity" option, and receive your jackpot prize in 21 equal annual payments. Pick the "Cash Lump Sum" payout, and you will receive your prize in a one-time payment. If you do not make a choice, you will automatically receive the "Annuity" payout option.
- The annuitized jackpot prize is pari-mutuel. If you are the only winner, you will receive the entire first prize pool. If you are one of several winners you will receive one share of the first prize pool.
HOW LATE CAN I BUY A TICKET?
Lotto ticket sales close at 11:00pm on non-drawing days. On drawing days, sales close at 10:20pm; drawing is held at 10:38pm.
CAN I BUY LOTTO TICKETS ONLINE OR BY MAIL?
No. Federal legislation prohibits lotteries from selling tickets by mail or on the Internet. Click here
to learn how to protect yourself from scams.
- Verify your ticket at time of purchase.
- Sign your ticket immediately upon purchase to establish ownership.
- Lotto tickets cannot be canceled and all sales are final.
CT Lottery reserves the right to cancel or suspend any drawing or game,
prize structure or frequency of drawings in accordance with established
August 30, 2016
CHECK MY TICKETS
PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY. Purchasers must be 18 or older.
The CLC makes no representation or guarantee as to the accuracy of the information contained on this website.
By using this website, you agree to the terms contained
in our Terms and Conditions
. The information and
materials in this website are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either, express
In the event of a discrepancy between information on the website regarding winning numbers,
jackpots or prize payouts and the CLC’s enabling statutes, official rules,
regulations and procedures
the enabling statutes, official rules, regulations and procedures shall prevail. All materials on this
Website are owned by or licensed to the CLC.
Written permission required from the CLC in order to
reproduce, distribute or display any images or content on this Website.
Copyright © 1999-2016. Connecticut Lottery Corporation. All rights reserved.